Volunteer as a ShelterJH activist
ShelterJH started when 100 of us got together and marched from Town Square to Town Hall. Tenant and worker volunteer activism and advocacy is the core of what we do. Here’s how you can get involved.
Email us to join our volunteer team, and we’ll keep you in the loop about what’s going on and what’s the most helpful!
- Share a Shelter post on your Facebook page
- Invite X# friends to ‘like’ our Facebook page/follow us on Instagram
- Email Y# friends with info about the Shelter website and email signup
- Participate in Shelter’s member feature campaign on social media
- Email the Town Council or contact the County Commission about a local housing issue you care about
- Hand out ShelterJH stickers to your friends: email us for details!
- Meet up with new volunteer 1-on-1 to get them up to speed
- Write a Guest Shot/Letter to the Editor for a local news outlet
- Speak at a Town Council/County Commission meeting
- Join the ShelterJH Policy Team/ShelterJH board of directors
- Call new folks and get them to volunteer and sign up as a member
- Get friends to complete these actions!
Do you have a special skill you can use to further housing justice? We are always looking for assistance with sprucing up our web presence, photographing members, fundraising, and grant writing! Contact firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know what expertise you can share with us.