- Bold Action: Housing problems are immediate and systemic. We need to take major actions to address our housing emergency now.
- Advocacy: Advocacy builds awareness, strength, and empowerment.
- Representation: We want to represent community members who live and work here, especially those who are most vulnerable. Policy and project decisions should benefit those in most need.
- Community: Safe, secure, and deed-restricted housing is the foundation for a healthy community. Our community is stronger when we have a diversity of people who are able to live here.
- Membership: ShelterJH members band together to demand the change we need to provide homes for those who need them. We are stronger together.
- Collaboration: Disconnects between housing organizations undermine collective efforts to build homes. We need to unite a diversity of community organizations (housing non-profits, business leaders, social service providers, etc.) to create the solutions we need.