As we take time to reflect this holiday season, one thing is evident: we made a difference this year because of your dedication to ShelterJH.
We have set a goal to raise $5,000 by the end of the year to kickstart our objectives for 2023. With a working board and 1.5 staff members, the success of ShelterJH relies on the continued financial support of our members. Whether it’s $5 or $50, every dollar gets us closer to our goal. Please consider a one-time EOY donation today!
You are a part of the housing justice movement here in the Tetons and beyond — thank you for your commitment.
SAVE THE DATE: ShelterJH Annual Meeting on 1/24
Please mark your calendars for ShelterJH’s annual meeting on Tuesday, January 24 at 6pm! We can’t wait to gather with our members in person to reflect on all that we accomplished in 2022 and what awaits for 2023. This is an opportunity to dive deep into who we are as an organization. You’ll meet fellow members and our amazing board, and find out how to get involved in our upcoming housing goals. We promise you’ll leave fired up about being part of ShelterJH.See you there!
Hot Topics in Housing
ShelterJH members share relevant media pieces with one another through our Google Group. Here are what our conversations have been about this month:
- Once in a generation tax dollars are flowing into CO, Colorado Sun (thanks to member Christine Walker for sharing this article with us!)
- Creative housing for college students, CNN (thanks to memberJulien Hass!)
- Colorado is testing an intervention model to keep trailer parks out of private equity’s hands, Colorado Sun (thanks to member Ryan Dorgan!)
- Twilight of the NIMBY, NY Times (thanks to board member Skye!)
- The climate of your neighborhood mapped, NY Times (thanks to members Mike Welch!)